Re: new person, newly diagnosed HCM-need urgent advice

  • jen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2004
      Carrie,

      I would take Sagira back to the vet and have her blood pressure
      checked. Prescribing a calcium channel blocker and B blocker in the
      same patient must be done very carefully (and is almost never done)
      because the combination of the meds can cause a drastic drop in
      blood pressure. Lasix also works to drop blood volume and blood
      pressure and with her wobbling I'm thinking she is very hypotensive
      (low BP). This could certainly affect her appetite. I agree with
      Sarah, if your kitty hasn't seen a cardiologist, I would get an
      appointment as soon as you can.

      take care and keep us updated,

      jen, deagan and kira the dog