Dexter...

  • Beth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Thank you for all the little kitty prayers and kind emails..
      Dexter had hs work up today...
      He does not have HCM.... he does have elongated mitral valves...very wierd!! ..I had never heard of that one!! They are about 2/3 longer than they should be...very strange..a congenital thing...they do not fit well causing some leaking and obstruction in his out flow..we are starting him on a low dose of atenolol and rechecking in 3 weeks with another ultrasound...the interesting thing about this abnormality is ...if we had problems at about a year from now and did not have the info we have ...he wold most likely have pesented as a HCM kitty...possibly in CHF ...the obstructive outflow would have enlarged and thickened the chamber....hopefully we can slow this all down and have him around alot longer (mabe 5 plus years)...it was very hard waiting there today with all my "Joey" memories..and although the news is much better...it is something we will have to be very careful of....not a lot of fluids if he ever needs surgery...etc.. He is actually a grade 3 murmur..not a 2..so again..thank you for all tthe kitty prayers ...and I will continue t be hoprful for all your little kitties!! Beth and Dexter