Re: [FH] Digest Number 1518

  • Michelle Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2004
      Hi Beverly,

      Goldenrod had to have surgery in January to sew up his leg where he lost his calf muscles due to throwing a clot 3 months previously. I was a freaking basket case the day of his surgery but he survived the anesthesia! Our surgeon is wonderful, and did not use injectable anesthesia. Someone else on the list warned against injectable anesthesia, especially Ketamine, and I second what she said. Our surgeon used isofluorane gas. I have the receipt at home so when I leave work I can go find it and let you know more specifically what else they used. Oh, they also did a pre-op ultrasound to look at his heart so that they knew exactly what they were dealing with, and they also monitored Goldie carefully during the surgery.

      Are you are giving Tasselhoff any nutritional supplements? If not, you might want to consider boosting his immune system before the surgery to help him recover more quickly. Goldie gets CoQ10, vitamin/mineral powder and Standard Process Cardiac support every day, as well as a high quality, human-grade diet.

      Michelle