Re: Anesthesia for a 6mo Heart Murmur (1-3/6)?

  • Susan Aufieri
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004
      Reminds me of Abby's former vet wanting to subject her to a full
      endoscopy procedure under anesthesia. I told him he was going to have
      to do a "heck of a song and dance" to convince me that a 14 year old
      hear kitty should get scoped for IBD when there are other ways to rule
      it in/out. Needless to say, she's got a new group of vets at the helm.

      Any procedure, from routine shots to dental cleaning to
      surgery/anesthesia always carries some risk.

      Susan & Abby, 14 y.o. with HCM w/tachycardia, Grade 3 murmur, sometimes
      pancreatic, IBD (?) tabby that suffers from peripheral neuropathy, can
      go anorexic and is NOW Hyper-T to boot; daily meds 12.5 mg Lasix,
      12.5mg atenolol, 5mg Methamazole, thiamine sub-q's. (gadz that's a
      mouthful!)