Re: HELP PLS! New Member w/Kitty Crisis/excessive fluid retention

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 6:54 PM
      > This evening, I see
      > that Sam's front paws are ALSO beginning to bother him and show
      some
      > signs of mild swelling. Can someone tell me what are the
      > characteristics of HCM -- how might it manifest itself?
      >
      > I'm sorry this was so lengthy, but I am desperate because I think
      Sam
      > is at risk of not surviving much longer if this is heart related.
      If
      > it's cancer, I have to deal with that differently. Thank you for
      > your help.

      I'm sorry to hear about your Sam and all of his problems.

      Fluid resulting from congestive heart failure usually accumulates in
      or around the lungs.

      If you want to get a clear picture of what is going on with Sam's
      heart so you can understand whether the heart is contributing in any
      way to his symptoms, the best thing to do is to have an ultrasound
      of the heart done.

      Sarah.