The Journey

  • MOTTOLA FAMILY
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 30, 2004
      I just received this beatiful poem from a friend. The ironic part is that I
      hadn't told her yet.
      The words express the many gifts and lessons I have been receptive to
      learning this week. I thought it might be helpful to those struggling with
      recent grief, and also to those struggling with heart kitties as a reminder
      of the special gifts they bring into our lives.

      Deena in Newburyport, MA
      Mr Pepe Angel 200?-2004
      My Teacher...My Guardian...My Boss...My Friend
      For 5 months, you had an outstanding quality of life by combining
      traditional and holistic medicine, despite advanced CHF, severe HCM, severe
      spontaneous contrast and a heart that was "off the chart".
      You are an inspiration to us all.

      THE JOURNEY

      When you bring a pet into your life, you begin a journey.
      A journey that will bring you more love and devotion than you have ever
      known,
      yet will also test your strength and courage. If you allow, the journey will
      teach you many
      things, about life, about yourself, and most of all, about love.

      You will come away changed forever, for one soul cannot touch another
      without leaving its mark.

      Along the way, you will learn much about savoring life's simple pleasures --
      jumping in leaves, snoozing in the sun, the joys of puddles, and even the
      satisfaction of a good scratch behind the ears. If you spend much time
      outside, you will be taught how to truly experience every element, for no
      rock, leaf, or log will go unexamined, no rustling bush will be overlooked,
      and even the very air will be inhaled, pondered, and noted as being full of
      valuable information.

      Your pace may be slower, except when heading home to the food dish, but you
      will become a better naturalist, having been taught by an expert in the
      field. Too many times we hike on automatic pilot, our goal being to complete
      the trail rather than enjoy the journey. We miss the details: the colorful
      mushrooms on the rotting log, the honeycomb in the old maple snag, the hawk
      feather caught on a twig.

      Once we walk as a dog does, we discover a whole new world. We stop; we
      browse
      the landscape, we kick over leaves, peek in tree holes, look up, down, all
      around. And we learn what any dog knows that nature has created a
      marvelously
      complex world that is full of surprises, that each cycle of the seasons
      bring
      ever changing wonders, each day an essence all its own.

      Even from indoors you will find yourself more attuned to the world around
      you. You will find yourself watching: summer insects collecting on a screen;
      how bizarre they are; how many kinds there are or noting the flick and flash
      of fireflies through the dark. You will stop to observe the swirling dance
      of windblown leaves, or sniff the air after a rain. It does not matter that
      there is no objective in this; the point is in the doing, in not letting
      life's most important details slip by.

      You will find yourself doing silly things that your pet-less friends might
      not understand: spending thirty minutes in the grocery aisle looking for the
      cat food brand your feline must have, buying dog birthday treats, or driving
      around the block an extra time because your pet enjoys the ride. You will
      roll in the snow, wrestle with chewie toys, bounce little rubber balls till
      your eyes cross, and even run around the house trailing your bathrobe tie
      with a cat in hot pursuit, all in the name of love.

      Your house will become muddier and hairier. You will wear less dark clothing
      and buy more lint rollers. You may find dog biscuits in your pocket or
      purse,
      and feel the need to explain that an old plastic shopping bag adorns your
      living room rug because your cat loves the crinkly sound. You will learn the
      true measure of love. The steadfast, undying kind that says, "It doesn't
      matter where we are or what we do, or how life treats us as long as we are
      together."

      Respect this always. It is the most precious gift any living soul can give
      another. You will not find it often among the human race. And you will learn
      humility. The look in my dog's eyes often made me feel ashamed. Such joy and
      love at my presence. She saw not some flawed human who could be cross and
      stubborn, moody or rude, but only her wonderful companion. Or maybe she saw
      those things and dismissed them as mere human foibles, not worth
      considering,
      and so chose to love me anyway.

      If you pay attention and learn well, when the journey is done, you will be
      not just a better person, but the person your pet always knew you to be. The
      one they were proud to call beloved friend.

      I must caution you that this journey is not without pain. Like all paths of
      true love, the pain is part of loving. For as surely as the sun sets, one
      day
      your dear animal companion will follow a trail you cannot yet go down. And
      you will have to find the strength and love to let them go.

      A pet's time on earth is far too short, especially for those that love them.
      We borrow them, really, just for a while, and during these brief years they
      are generous enough to give us all their love, every inch of their spirit
      and
      heart, until one day there is nothing left. The cat that only yesterday was
      kitten is all too soon old and frail and sleeping in the sun. The young pup
      of boundless energy now wakes up stiff and lame, the muzzle gone to gray.

      Deep down we somehow always knew that this journey would end. We knew that
      if we gave our hearts they would be broken. But give them we must for it is
      all
      they ask in return. When the time comes, and the road curves ahead to a
      place
      we cannot see, we give one final gift and let them run on ahead, young and
      whole once more. "God speed, good friend," we say, until our journey comes
      full circle and our paths cross again.

      ~unknown~
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 24, 2009
        I am so sorry, this has been a very sad week on this list. Our hearts go out
        to all of you, we have all been there, and we all understand. I hope this
        and the next email I send in a couple minutes will help comfort you all.
        Please stay on the list, you can help other kitties who will be able to
        benefit from your experience.

        Sincerely, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto
        The Journey

        When you bring a pet into your life, you begin a journey -- a journey that
        will bring you more love and devotion than you have ever known, yet also
[...]

        The cat that only yesterday was a kitten is all too soon old and frail and
        sleeping in the sun. The young pup of boundless energy wakes up stiff and
        lame, the muzzle now gray. Deep down we somehow always knew that this
        journey would end. We knew that if we gave our hearts they would be broken.

        But give them we must for it is all they ask in return. When the time comes
        and the road curves ahead to a place we cannot see, we give one final gift
        and let them run on ahead -- young and whole once more. "God speed, good
        friend," we say, until our journey comes full circle and our paths cross
        again.

        by Crystal Ward Kent
      • Cheryl
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 15, 2009
          Hi all ~
          I have been on the list for almost six months now. My 10 year old Norwegian
          Forest Cat Vizzy was diagnosed with RCM in late May and has been managed on
          Lasix, Atenolol, Enalapril, and Plavix since then. In the last 2-3 weeks we
          decreased his Lasix from 1/2 to 1/4 tab twice daily with no adverse effects.

          We are moving from Arizona to Iowa, and Vizzy will be flying with us in the
          cabin. My vet is coming on Tuesday to do health certificates for our furry
          crew, and he mentioned on the phone to me today that I might want to
          consider giving Vizzy an exceptionally low dose of a sedative (I don't
          remember which one, but he is going to bring me a dose on Tuesday). I have
          been told never to sedate animals during flight and have followed that rule
          for years, but Vizzy is a special case with his heart disease. I know
          flying will be stressful for him, and no doubt his heart rate could be
          increased quite a bit from normal for an extended period of time. We are
          taking the shortest flight possible, but it is still around 6 hours
          including layovers. He will also be in a hotel here for five days before we
          leave and probably in Iowa for at least one day before our furniture arrives
          and we can move into our new home.

          Has anyone ever flown with their heart kitty? Did you do anything
          special/different? Do people have any thoughts on giving vs. not giving a
          sedative? Any other tips for general travel with a heart kitty? I have two
          weeks of his meds already dosed out, and I plan to bring extra Lasix. He
          has never needed additional doses, but I want to err on the side of caution.
          He has been very well controlled on his medication. His respiratory rate is
          usually around 28bpm. He did have one coughing spell today, and his heart
          rate was in the 30s for a short period of time during the spell. I didn't
          give him any additional meds and he recovered within a few minutes.
          Coughing episodes are rare for him. He's probably had six since he's been
          diagnosed, so one coughing spell a month on average.

          If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

          Cheryl & Vizzy
        • Judi Levens
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
            Hi Cheryl; We fly to Mexico every year and stay there for 6 months, and Max comes with us. He has flown back and fourth for 7 years, but was dx with HCM in September of 07. I was very nervous about taking him after that, it was only 6 weeks later (after CHF) that we went. I don't know if it's because he was used to flying or what, but he's done very well. We try to make it easier by keeping his carrier open in the car on the way to the airport and I sit in the back seat and keep my hand in it and on him. When we get to the airport it's noisy and so much is going on; I cover his cage and keep my hand in it most of the time. The scary part is taking him out to go through security...you HAVE to hold them while you go through and longer if they want to examine you...one year he struggled and I got really worried (he's 15 lbs and very determined when he wants to be.) Once we get on the plane we try to get him settled comfortable...again he's a big cat and there isn't much room under the seats (at least on Alaska) to fit them, but once the plane takes off they get pretty comfortable (the lift off is scary and again I try to keep my hand there to reassure him.) Once we are airborne he's quiet and calm until we land where again, once we are out of the airport I open his cage and let him sit up. He is closed in his cage for about 6 hours (although the first year after he was sick we were VERY delayed on our return home and he was caged for about 12 hours). All in all, I am astounded how well he's done (and his very nervous sister before him as well.) I think they pick up on your "vibes" and if you are very nervous they will be more so...and a major move is nerve wracking on everyone! My vet did not recommend sedatives since Max has a little asthma, and honestly I'm glad we didn't give them...the cats stayed fine. If your cat is very nervous in temperament maybe, but I would think the disorienting effects of the sedative might be worse than a little nerves. I wish you the best of luck with your move...it's an ambitious undertaking on all of you, but it sounds like Vizzy will know that he is loved and cared for and that is the best medicine for any of us...

            Judi and Max

            To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
              I thought I'd be in the position to have to fly with my renal failure
              kitty which turned out to not be necessary, but I was quite prepared.
              I'm glad to see Judi's experiences as what she posted is about how I'd
              prepared! The only thing additional I'd add is that while my girl ends
              up handling things ok without a fuss, she quivers when she's frightened
              and does try to make the occasional dash for freedom. I was started to
              leash train her just for the time she was out of the carrier at
              security. She was getting used to the halter and I was about to add the
              leash when fortunately everything fell through (I hate flying myself so
              was quite relieved!). I'd planned to put the harness on her before we
              left the house, snap on the leash before removing her from the carrier
              at security, then later removing the harness before getting on the plane.

              My vet was dead-set against a sedative as was I after some reading, but
              he was ok with Rescue Remedy For Pets. It's an herbal I've used on
              everyone when introducing a new kitty to our home so I'm familiar with
              its use. It definitely takes off the edge. What I like is that I can put
              it on her ears so if she needed a bit more at any time that wouldn't be
              a problem. You might do some research on it.

              Good luck!

              Monika

              I don't think I'd go with a sedative-I did some reading and opted
              against it, but I thought Rescue Remedy For Pets w0ould be ideal.

              Judi Levens wrote:
              > Hi Cheryl; We fly to Mexico every year and stay there for 6 months, and Max comes with us. He has flown back and fourth for 7 years, but was dx with HCM in September of 07. I was very nervous about taking him after that, it was only 6 weeks later (after CHF) that we went. I don't know if it's because he was used to flying or what, but he's done very well. We try to make it easier by keeping his carrier open in the car on the way to the airport and I sit in the back seat and keep my hand in it and on him. When we get to the airport it's noisy and so much is going on; I cover his cage and keep my hand in it most of the time. The scary part is taking him out to go through security...you HAVE to hold them while you go through and longer if they want to examine you...one year he struggled and I got really worried (he's 15 lbs and very determined when he wants to be.) Once we get on the plane we try to get him settled comfortable...again he's a big cat and there isn't much room under the seats (at least on Alaska) to fit them, but once the plane takes off they get pretty comfortable (the lift off is scary and again I try to keep my hand there to reassure him.) Once we are airborne he's quiet and calm until we land where again, once we are out of the airport I open his cage and let him sit up. He is closed in his cage for about 6 hours (although the first year after he was sick we were VERY delayed on our return home and he was caged for about 12 hours). All in all, I am astounded how well he's done (and his very nervous sister before him as well.) I think they pick up on your "vibes" and if you are very nervous they will be more so...and a major move is nerve wracking on everyone! My vet did not recommend sedatives since Max has a little asthma, and honestly I'm glad we didn't give them...the cats stayed fine. If your cat is very nervous in temperament maybe, but I would think the disorienting effects of the sedative might be worse than a little nerves. I wish you the best of luck with your move...it's an ambitious undertaking on all of you, but it sounds like Vizzy will know that he is loved and cared for and that is the best medicine for any of us...
              >
              > Judi and Max

            • Cheryl
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
                Thanks to both Judi & Monika. I'm glad there are some people out there who
                are flying with their kitties!! Vizzy is exceptionally laid back. He is
                the head of the household and the only male kitty we have. I've never seen
                him upset over anything, including our toddler, who tries to pick him up at
                times.

                I think I will skip the sedative based on Judi's advice. I've used Rescue
                Remedy and may pick some up before the trip to give to everyone. All but
                two of our kitties have flown before (we have six ~ the youngest is 9 years
                old), so I hope everyone will be fairly relaxed. Our oldest is 17, and she
                gets terribly carsick. I'm hoping the plane ride will be easier for her
                than three days driving in the car would have been. Both she and Vizzy are
                going in the cabin, and both are harness trained, so they'll be wearing
                their harnesses just in case.

                Thanks again.

                Cheryl & Vizzy and the rest of the gang

                Judi Levens wrote:
                > Hi Cheryl; We fly to Mexico every year and stay there for 6 months, and
                Max comes with us. He has flown back and fourth for 7 years, but was dx
                with HCM in September of 07. I was very nervous about taking him after
                that, it was only 6 weeks later (after CHF) that we went. I don't know if
                it's because he was used to flying or what, but he's done very well. We try
                to make it easier by keeping his carrier open in the car on the way to the
                airport and I sit in the back seat and keep my hand in it and on him. When
                we get to the airport it's noisy and so much is going on; I cover his cage
                and keep my hand in it most of the time. The scary part is taking him out
                to go through security...you HAVE to hold them while you go through and
                longer if they want to examine you...one year he struggled and I got really
                worried (he's 15 lbs and very determined when he wants to be.) Once we get
                on the plane we try to get him settled comfortable...again he's a big cat
                and there isn't much room under the seats (at least on Alaska) to fit them,
                but once the plane takes off they get pretty comfortable (the lift off is
                scary and again I try to keep my hand there to reassure him.) Once we are
                airborne he's quiet and calm until we land where again, once we are out of
                the airport I open his cage and let him sit up. He is closed in his cage
                for about 6 hours (although the first year after he was sick we were VERY
                delayed on our return home and he was caged for about 12 hours). All in
                all, I am astounded how well he's done (and his very nervous sister before
                him as well.) I think they pick up on your "vibes" and if you are very
                nervous they will be more so...and a major move is nerve wracking on
                everyone! My vet did not recommend sedatives since Max has a little asthma,
                and honestly I'm glad we didn't give them...the cats stayed fine. If your
                cat is very nervous in temperament maybe, but I would think the disorienting
                effects of the sedative might be worse than a little nerves. I wish you the
                best of luck with your move...it's an ambitious undertaking on all of you,
                but it sounds like Vizzy will know that he is loved and cared for and that
                is the best medicine for any of us...

                > Judi and Max

                07:43:00
              • Kathy Wood
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
                  I just moved from NC to Manila Philippines & Sangie is 14 & has been a
                  HCM (once CHF last year) for over 5 years. She made the 24 trip
                  amazingly!! We were literally flying on a wing & a prayer & my
                  sweetheart made it very smoothly........w/out any sedative-type meds I
                  might add.
                  You also have to understand that Sangie is one of those very
                  temperamental cats that only likes one person & is used to being
                  strickly indoor........a 30 min trip to the cardiologist makes her a bit
                  edgy. I just kept her in my lap (in her carrier) as much of the trip as
                  possible (most of it actually.......KLM was a wonderful airline).
                  Best of luck,
                  Kathy & Sangie

                • Jenna Porter
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 9, 2009
                    Hi,

                    My fiance and I are contemplating a move overseas and would like to bring our cats.

                    Bailey is 11 and is in the early stages of renal disease. She gets subQ fluids 2x per week.

                    Akunta is 6 and was diagnosed with HCM almost 2 years ago. She gets meds (atenolol, furosemide, amplopedine and prozac) twice a day.

                    Akunta is the cat we are more concerned about - we think Bailey will arrive a bit dehydrated, but OK. Akunta does excellent with car travel - she's ridden all over the midwest and is heading to Texas tomorrow - I am not sure how she would do as "cargo" on a plane for such a long flight.

                    The country we may be moving to (the UAE) only allows the import of pets as cargo, not in the cabin with passangers. Does anyone have any experience with flying their "patient kitties" as cargo?

                    What about flying with medications for your pets? Do the meds have to stay with the cats, or with us?

                    Thank you for any help you can offer,

                    Jenna

                    EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
                    Join me

                  • Westgold
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 2, 2010
                      I am so sorry, this has been a very sad month on this list. Our hearts go
                      out
                      to all of you, we have all been there, and we all understand. I hope this
                      and the next emails I send in a couple minutes will help comfort you all.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                        I know what you're thinking. You think I'm dead. Because you cannot
                        see me with your human eye, cannot feel me, with your hands or hold
                        me in your arms. You think I am gone forever.
                        You recall how I looked when I left this place and you cannot
                        remotely imagine that I could possibly be alive in another place.
                        You are racked and torn by the pain of our separation and it blinds
                        you to that which is right in front of you ... me.
                        How many times since I left your immediate sight have you been told
                        that I'm dead and you should "get over it"... How many times have you
                        cried yourself to sleep because you feel like an outcast, believing
                        you're supposed to get over me because that's what people say is
                        normal... but somehow you can't and no one seems to understand?
                        How many times have you put yourself through such excruciating pain
                        because you aren't willing to consider that I am not, by any means,
                        dead.

                        I want you to do me a favour and go back in time with me. Remember
                        the glorious day I came into your home- was I not the most intriguing
                        creature you'd ever met? Did I not make you laugh and giggle?
                        Did I not look at you with such adoration that you wanted nothing
                        more than to spend the rest of your life with me? I wanted this too.

                        Remember the days when I was in my prime and we did many things
                        together. You were so proud of me! I was a good friend and I took
                        care of you when you cried, were angry or felt down and unhappy.
                        When you didn't have a lot of time for me because of your
                        obligations, I waited patiently for you. I was always there when you
                        needed me. Did I not look at you with such acceptance and patience
                        that at times you felt perhaps a bit unworthy? You were never
                        unworthy in my eyes.

                        Remember when age crept up on me, my bones became stiff and my
                        movements slower. Still I met you at the door when you came home and
                        followed you around the house. We'd been together for so long, I was
                        your very best friend regardless of what you were doing, saying,
                        thinking. Did I not look at you with such kindness and understanding
                        that you felt overwhelmed? I couldn't get enough of you.

                        Remember the last time we saw each other with earthly eyes? You tried
                        to be brave but I knew you were crying ... I know you so well. Better
                        than anyone else in the whole world. Did I not look at you with such
                        pure trust and love that you yearned only to hold me close and keep
                        me with you always? Did you not promise that you would love me
                        forever? I believed you. If this is so then why have you let me go by
                        thinking I no longer exist?

                        Remember the depth in my eyes all those times I looked at you with
                        adoration, acceptance, patience, trust and love. Who created this
                        depth and love? Would the Creator diminish the song of our laughter
                        which was created in the name of love? I am no longer an earthly
                        figure, this is true. My body was only part of who I really am. My
                        body would have been but a mere shell on earth if it were not filled
                        to overflowing with my soul, my spirit, my loving light.

                        When we met you thought I was cute, sweet, pretty and adorable. But
                        what kind of relationship would we have had if this is all that I'd
                        been? How could you have loved me if I'd had no spiritual substance?
                        We are all made up of energy which resides far deep down inside of
                        us, it is our core, our soul, spirit and loving light. It is the
                        energy that is all of life ... it has no beginning, it has no end. It
                        simply is and always will be and without it there is no life. You
                        can't see it with the naked eye nor can you hold it in your hand, it
                        is simply a certain knowing that this energy does exist. It's a
                        knowing just as you know that our love existed on earth -
                        you couldn't see our love in a solid sense, you couldn't gather it
                        all up and confine it to one place. But you *knew* it existed. There
                        was no doubt in your mind.They demand you get over me, insisting that
                        I'm dead and you'll never see me again because animals don't go to
                        Heaven. Oh really? I'm here to tell you different. You were worthy of
                        my love and undying devotion on earth as I was of yours. Do you
                        really believe this love would be snatched from us *forever* by a
                        loving Creator simply because I wasn't human? Was I not a
                        living, breathing creation with personality? How could I have been so
                        if I didn't possess the energy of soul, spirit and loving light? And
                        if this energy is and always will be, then how can it be that I am
                        dead? If my core is not of the energy that is all of life then I was
                        never alive to begin with.

                        But you know better.You cry because you miss me, this I understand. I
                        miss you too - I miss the belly rubs, hugs and kisses that we shared.
                        But life does go on beyond these wonderful, fulfilling physical
                        connections. I came to this place to live a whole new life, not
                        because I didn't love you anymore or because I wanted something
                        better. I came here because it was time for me to go to the next
                        phase of my existence, something all living creatures must do
                        eventually. It is the normal progression of life. I was not taken
                        away from you because you cannot take away that which was never
                        owned. My presence in your life was and is a gift to be cherished and
                        honoured just as I cherish and honour you.

                        Life is not simply about being born into a body, living a certain
                        number of years and then dying. Energy cannot die. We are blessed
                        with time in a body so that we can learn, share and grow. It prepares
                        us for the next phase of our eternal life. The body holds within it
                        the true life force of our existence ...our soul, spirit and loving
                        light. Without these our bodies would be empty, blank, void of
                        feeling and expression. Without our energy we would indeed be dead
                        and could never have experienced our love for each other.

                        You say that all you have left are memories. Not so. You see, when I
                        took leave of my earthly body I left a little something behind for
                        you. You can't touch it, hold it or examine it. For what I left
                        behind is far too uninhibited for confinement. I left behind a piece
                        of my soul. I placed it right next to your own which is quite fitting
                        as we were always side by side in our earthly life together. I love
                        you too much to have left you with nothing but memories which tend to
                        fade and grow cloudy as the years go by. I love you too much to have
                        vanished without a trace. How selfish it would be of me to remove
                        love and light from your life.I understand your tears, each one you
                        shed is testament to your love for me and I am honoured and humbled.
                        But don't forget the good things we shared -

                        remember and smile. This is an honour for me as well. And when you
                        need me I will be here. Close your eyes, relax, take slow, deep
                        breaths and picture me in your mind. Shut off the world and your
                        notions of what death is and give me a chance. Look for the subtle
                        signs I send you. Don't stop being proud of me, I am a friend to be
                        proud of, I am still your friend and soul mate. Don't memorialise the
                        death of my body but instead honour and celebrate my never-ending
                        life for it is eternal and forever as is my love for you.

                        Until we meet again...
                      • Westgold
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                          I know it is hard to read those stories, Suze. As many times as I have read them, I am also blubbering like an idiot right now. But I always feel better after reading them. We have had some sad times on this list recently, I thought it was time to post them again.

                          When Roy Horn had his stroke as he was being taken into the hospital, he had a near-death experience. His doctor said later that he had "died" for 45 seconds before they could revive him. Roy said later that when he was taken up to Heaven, it wasn't his friends and family who ran to greet him. It was his beautiful tigers and lions who ran to him first, and jumped all over him. That is proof enough for me -- I KNOW we will be reunited with our little ones!!

                          Many blessings, Michelle
                          Ok I am at work, never have read this before and now I am a blubbering woman. What a BEAutiful letter! THANKS for sharing it
                          as it brought back such memories of my beloved cats that have passed. I will hold this close when my next babies have to leave me
                          It is so true in my mind, that we only leave this body; that THAT soul lives on and waits for those it loved so dearly to come back to
                          be reunited.

                          Teary eyed,

                          suze

                          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                            I think everyone should read Embraced by the Light
                            by Betty J Eadie,  it will change your life, it has mine
                            and everyone I know who has read it.  It will enlighten
                            you beyond belief.  My favorite book of all time.  I
                            have read it at least half a dozen times.

                            Barbie

                            see in them what I am".

                            Gustav Klimt

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                              As I read this, I could see our precious Angel TJ looking at me as she always did. OMG! Right to the core. Yes, TJ was our daughters baby, but, truth be known, she was where I was. It hurts, losing her. We are in our 6th day now without her, in body that is. And, since then, many others have lost their own kittys. The story is awsome, and beautiful and tearful.
                              I love you T kitty! In our hearts forever babycat!

> [...]
                              > fade and grow cloudy as the years go by. I love you too much to have
                              > vanished without a trace. How selfish it would be of me to remove
                              > love and light from your life.I understand your tears, each one you
                              > shed is testament to your love for me and I am honoured and humbled.
                              > But don't forget the good things we shared -
                              >
                              > remember and smile. This is an honour for me as well. And when you
                              > need me I will be here. Close your eyes, relax, take slow, deep
                              > breaths and picture me in your mind. Shut off the world and your
                              > notions of what death is and give me a chance. Look for the subtle
                              > signs I send you. Don't stop being proud of me, I am a friend to be
                              > proud of, I am still your friend and soul mate. Don't memorialise the
                              > death of my body but instead honour and celebrate my never-ending
                              > life for it is eternal and forever as is my love for you.

                            • Westgold

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 22, 2011
                                  hi -- I didn't write those stories, I am just passing them along. It's been
                                  over 6 years since I lost my soul-kitty Pooh, and I still cry for him a
                                  couple times a week. We never really get over it, but over time we think
                                  more about the good times and less about the sad times.

                                  If anyone hasn't posted their late kitties' stories on our memorial site,
                                  please do. No matter how long they've been gone, we want to read the
                                  stories about how you met, and see your kitties' photos.
                                  http://www.AngelKitties.com

                                  Wow. Thank you. It's been almost 6 months since I lost my furried loved one.
                                  I have been doing very well mostly because my philosophy was what you wrote
                                  in the letter. I haven't, though, been able to articulate it quite like you
                                  did. Thank you. This is a keeper.=
                                • Westgold