[FH] Re: giving the boyfriend the boot!

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2004
      Hi there,

      Re: people in your life who are not animal people being supportive I've had
      great support from my co-workers, including my boss, who isn't much of an
      animal person but always asks how Goldenrod is doing and has been fine
      with me coming in early and leaving early when I've had to take Goldie to the
      vet (which for a while was once a week). I feel really blessed to have that kind
      of support here. But then again there are many animal people at my
      workplace; we actually have a wall of people's cat photos!

      Michelle

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...> wrote:

      > There are good stories too. When my 17 year old cat died a few
      > years ago, I was at first going to lie about why I wanted to take
      > the day off work (we put her down late on Sunday night and there was
      > no way I could have worked on the Monday because I was a complete
      > basket case), but I decided to call in and tell the truth. My
      > manager was really understanding and told me to take off as much
      > time as I needed and to book it under "personal time allowed" rather
      > than "vacation". So sometimes people react like jerks; other times
      > they are very compassionate.
      >
      > Sarah.
    • Susan Aufieri
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2004
        In a former "life" I worked for a magazine. Talk about an animal
        friendly work place. The publisher brought his Chow to work with him,
        the Managing Editor brought his Sharpei and African Grey Parrot, the
        publisher's brother brought his McCaw. The Chow could always be found
        roaming from office to office mooching scratches, petting and food off
        the workers. There were a few Betta fish on desktops. If the day got
        too stressful you could always count on fur or feather comfort.

        We also had a Food Editor who cooked up scrumptious lunchtime fare and
        tested her new recipes on us.

        It was the job of a lifetime, too bad the magazine folded. :(

        Susan