VACCINATION Reactions??????

  • turkishangoraathumanesociety
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2004
      Just wondering if anyone has had any issues after vaccination.
      Yesterday afternoon Lillie had her Rabies Vaccination (the 3 yr one)
      at around 4:30 pm. At about 7 pm she threw up about 6 times (1st a
      bunch of food, then her WHOLE baby aspirin that I had given her at 10
      am, then a bit of brown goop, then just saliva looking). Now
      usually, I would have just rushed her to the e/r, but it lasted about
      15 minutes, and in between she was acting perfectly normal. She has
      only ever had one episode like this before and the cause wan't
      determined...but it was weird that this one was just a few hrs after
      vaccination. She also acted like her eyes were irratated/itchy and
      was grroming herself like crazy all night. I actually DID put her in
      her crate to bring her to the e/r, but that made her SO upset (and
      being that she was otherwise acting normal, and it would be a 45 min
      drive each way), I decided to keep a close eye on her at home
      instead. My turmoil with going or not going relates to the fact that
      she is not supposed to be under any stress (she had heart failure in
      Aug), and she was getting VERY stressed going in the crate...so I
      thought, well, maybe the stress of getting the shot earlier had done
      this. Still not sure if it was the stress or the vaccination
      itself. Her eyes still seem a bit irritated today, and she acts a
      bit tired (although that's norm for mid day)... The vet said to just
      keep an eye on her. She is supposed to got back in 3 weeks for her
      combo upper-resp vaccination, but now I'm scared....