Database for other than HCM diseases/defects

  • Cindy Pitts
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 9:53 AM
      Hi,

      My name is Cindy. I just started a new table in the database section for heart diseases/defects other than HCM.

      I've been following feline-heart since January, 2003 when my 8 week old (at the time) Maine Coon was diagnosed with a ventricular septal defect. The cardiologist that did his echo gave me no hope for him to live past adolescence. He was asymptomatic for many, many months and I was pretty much in denial that he would succumb to his heart defect. A few months back, when he was around a year old, he started having a wet sounding cough after he drank water. There really has been no shortness of breath or labored breathing yet. My regular vet thought the cough was an URI and put him on clavamox but it didn't do anything. So recently I decided to bring him back to the original cardiologist rather than see my regular vet's visiting one. That appointment was yesterday and he thought a chest xray would tell him everything he needed to know rather than an echo. He said his heart was quite large and congestion is starting to build up in his lungs. He put him on 6.25 mg Lasix and 2.5 mg
      Lotensin daily. He wants me to bring him back for a renal profile with electrolytes in 10-14 days.

      So I guess I don't have any questions at this point. I just wanted to introduce myself again. I really do admire the support this group offers and unfortunately I might be needing and giving it in the near or not so near future. : (

      Cindy
      (Jack - kitty with VSD)