Re: [FH] about my last post and potassium supplementation?

  • William Draper
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
      - furosemide definitely causes the kidney to excrete potassium. however, since cats are obligate carnivores, they get plenty of potassium from their diet (meat is where we get most of our potassium)
      - low potassium CAN cause heart problems, but high potassium is more dangerous
      - aspirin can be used with any of these drugs, and is very commonly

      bill dvm in 2005