Re: [feline-heart] sneezsing and tearing eyes

  • shiverden@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      Your cat has a respiratory infection, very common this time of year.
      Sneezing and teary eyes are the classic signs. If the nasal discharge is
      clear and watery, and the eyes are clear and watery, it is viral. If they
      are green or yellowish and gooey, it is bacterial. Cats seek warmth when
      they don't feel good.

      Because he has HCM, it would be a good idea for him to go on antibiotics to
      prevent the development of a secondary pneumonial infection. Pneumonia is
      hard enough on a healthy cat, but in a HCM cat it is deadly.

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 19:18:33 EST
      > From: Begete@...
      > Subject: Sneezing and tearing eyes
      >
      > I am a worried cat mom, too.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me if tearing eyes and sneezing has anything to do with
      > HCM?
      > or has Harry developed an infection? he also seems to be cold and is camped
      > out in front of the heating vent.
      >
      > Thank you.

      Jennifer Shortall
      <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bonibaru">Shiverden Cattery</A>