Re: [FH] Digest Number 1486

  • Susan Aufieri
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      That was me. Technically, they didn't sell the company. They have
      "partnered" with investors. Still a concern though, investors want good
      returns on their cash and they could throw some weight around. I worked
      for a magazine that lost their investors. Notice the operative word
      here, "worked". ;-)

      Direct from the press release portion of their site
      http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/about/pr_01-29-2004.html

      "Old Mother Hubbard® Announces Partnership

      Family Owned Business Poised for Fast-Track Growth

      Lowell, MA (January 29, 2004) - Old Mother Hubbard, the makers of
      Wellness® healthy dog and cat foods and Old Mother Hubbard treats,
      announced today that it has selected a partner, Catterton Partners, to
      support the Scott Family’s strategic vision. Catterton Partners focuses
      on providing resources to branded consumer product companies that are
      leaders in their respective industries.

      Jim Scott, Jr., CEO of Old Mother Hubbard said, "We are excited about
      our new partnership as it provides us with a significant infusion of
      resources to turbo-charge the growth of the Old Mother Hubbard and
      Wellness brands." "

      Susan