Wellness

  • Marjorie Blaine
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      I got a little nervous when I read someone's post that Old Mother Hubbard
      had sold their company and there would be concerns for "Wellness". I called
      Old Mother Hubbard Company directly and they said the company has not been
      sold and there is no intention to sell and the Wellness line has not been
      sold nor will be.

      I hope this helps the rest of you feeding Wellness breathe a sigh of relief
      as I did.

      Marjorie
      Sitka,Teddi,Gus,and Max

    • Deena
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie Blaine"
        <spikeb62@h...> wrote: I called Old Mother Hubbard Company directly
        and they said the company has not been sold and there is no
        intention to sell and the Wellness line has not been sold nor will
        be.

        True, OMH has not been sold, but they have recently partnered with
        an investment capital firm to "turbo-charge the growth of the Old
        Mother Hubbard and Wellness brands". Here's the complete press
        release: http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/about/pr_01-29-2004.html

        My opinion is that only "time will tell" whether this partnership is
        a good or bad thing for our kitties. Investment capital will allow
        OMH to expand their lines to compete better with companies like
        Wysong and Solid Gold. On the other hand, investment capital firms
        are in the business to make money and will put additional profit
        pressures on the company. Wellness is one of the few commercial
        foods I have found where EVERY ingredient has a reason to be there
        (adds nutritional value). I'd hate to see them add cheaper
        ingredients just to make a bigger profit.
      • mekanoel
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
          Hi,
          I emailed Wellness because someone had said that it was made at Menu
          foods. They emailed me back and said some of their canned food is
          made there but that it doesn't contain any wheat gluten. So does that
          make it safe since there is no wheat gluten?

          Thanks
          Linda, Nikko, assorted furbabies & angels Meka, Stichie, Lucy

          wrote:

          > I got a little nervous when I read someone's post that Old Mother
          Hubbard
          > had sold their company and there would be concerns for "Wellness".
          I called
          > Old Mother Hubbard Company directly and they said the company has
          not been
          > sold and there is no intention to sell and the Wellness line has
          not been
          > sold nor will be.
          >
          > I hope this helps the rest of you feeding Wellness breathe a sigh
          of relief
          > as I did.
          >

          > Marjorie
          > Sitka,Teddi,Gus,and Max

          available.
          > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-
          us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/

        • Barbara Kraus
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
            And no rice protein concentrate which I've heard referred to as rice gluten
            a few times (not sure if that is correct), and maybe no corn gluten. They
            should just be able to tell you that a certain type of food is safe or
            recalled.