Ivy is in ER

  • lkscopes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2004
      Yesterday after we got home from the vet, she called with the bad
      results. BUN off the charts (over 130), CREAT 9.8, PCV 15.6. Ivy
      needed to get on iv fluids in the hosp. We took her to ER. She was on
      fluids only, nothing had changed at 8:30 PM when I called, while they
      incubated the blood. Finally she had a transfusion, etc. At 1:30 AM
      she was walking around her cage looking out doing fine the tech told
      me. I spoke to the current dr. at 9:20AM. She said Ivy ate a little.
      Her numbers are better but still not great. CREAT 7.3, BUN 139, Pot.
      is normal, PCV 21. I forgot to ask about PHOS.
      When she was diagnosed in Jan. with CRF, Anemia and Heart Murmur
      (which isn't. Card. said it is gallop rhythm), I gave her fluids at
      home. A week later she had come down from 9.2. I asked if I couldn't
      give her fluids here. The vet said I couldn't keep up. Now I know she
      needed her anemia dealt with and the transfusion is what she needed.
      Her Jan. vet is the one who only wanted to treat the kidneys. How
      dumb. You have to treat everything. Where would we be if the heart
      stopped, no kidneys to worry about.
      Last night I put Ivy in her hospital cage. The tech was closing the
      door. Ivy tried to get out. I opened it, put her little face in my
      hands. I explained that they were going to make her feel better so
      she could come home. I said please stay here and I will come back to
      see you and take you home. She immediately took a step back, sat
      down and said, "Eh". I kept talking to her and she said it again. She
      understood and agreed with me. That is the only talking Ivy does, she
      has never meowed. I love her so much!Please send love and prayers to
      Ivy. She is so precious!
      Thank you,
      Lynda