Echo results

  • emjoys@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2001
      Our kitten,5 months old when first diagnosed with a murmur has had
      two echocardiograms.
      The first vet said definitely hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
      We opted for a second opinion.
      The second said it could be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, but he
      thought more likely it was LV/Mitral dysplasia and changed the baby's
      meds from diltiazem (60mg per day) to atenolol (12.5 mg per day).
      He recommended an ultrasound in nine months. If there is no
      deterioration in the condition he thinks we're dealing with the
      dysplasia.
      Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should we test sooner?
      Later?