Pongo's Still Hanging In

  • brunobaby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28 9:39 AM
      Thanks, everybody, for all the great wishes for Pongo's continued recovery.

      He's hanging in there, eating his food and his meds, looking curious and
      alert and yowing out orders. He even woke me up at 5:30 this morning to
      feed him, which is an excellent, if annoying, sign.

      Jennifer, thanks so much for your informative post on your condition. Mind
      if I forward it to my vet and vet cardiologist? The cardiologist is a top
      guy and even he wasn't sure what was causing such a persistent arrythymia
      except for the HCM, which he didn't think had progressed that far.

      As far as vitamins, both our cats have been getting a lot of them every day
      for years -- a feline multi, B-12 with folic acid for their nerves and
      appetite, C for the immune system, Co-Q10 to build up heart cells, a liquid
      pet vitamin with a lot of E and fish oil to promote heart and skin health.
      I don't know about magnesium and potassium. They're not something I would
      fool around with cat-wise, especially with a feline heart patient.

      Hey, more good news -- the vet's office called us this morning to find out
      how Pongo's doing. I gave the assistant a full report, and then said, "But
      you're really asking, 'Is he still alive,' because two days ago, none of us
      thought he would be." It's very reassuring to know they're concerned enough
      to follow up. If his attack had happened in the middle of the night and
      we'd had to take him to an emergency clinic ... boy, just fill in the
      blanks on that outcome!

      --Melinda