RE: [FH] Hello! We haven't fallen off the face of the Earth ....

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 5:06 PM
      In an earlier message, Dana Rulf [mailto:drulf@...] said ...

      > Merlyn still is fighting some kind of insidious URI -- his eye is all
      > cleared up, but his nose is still congested (no sign of pneumonia -- I
      > took him for chest x-rays before we left). Does anyone have any
      > experience with a snuffling kitty? As I said, chest x-rays are fine,
      > appetite is great, acting like 'himself' -- nothing out of the
      > ordinary except for the nasal stuffiness. He finshed a 2 week course
      > of antibiotics. I'll be calling Doc Mike tomorrow to discuss it with
      > him, but any ideas are welcome at this point!

      Has Merlyn had lots of URIs in the past? Does he have any discharge with his current symptoms? Are you sure he's
      congested? Or could be having wheezing-like breathing due to some obstruction in his nasal area?

      A few thoughts:

      1) Maybe it's time to try some other antibiotics? Or 2 in combination (Antirobe & Clavamox)? Or even bring out the big
      guns (Baytril)? We sometimes find one or more of these necessary to knock out stubborn URIs.

      2) You could consider a nasal endoscopy. Merlyn would have to be sedated for this, so it's not something you'd consider
      lightly. But there could be something going on in his nasal cavities (polyps, scar tissue).

      --
      Jonathan Rosenberg
      Licorice, Tigger, Jet,