Re: [FH] Asymptomatic?

  • Deena
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
      Sara, these are great questions and ones you should ask during your
      echo. Try to read up and see if you can find a good picture of the
      inner workings of the feline heart. On the walls of the echo room,
      they have paintings of the different areas of a normal heart and
      will explain the difference between a normal heart and what they
      find with Toby. There may be lots of people in the room, but don't
      let it intimidate you...ask away. You're at a teaching institution
      and that's their job.

      "I believe asymtomatic means that a cat is not in CHF."
      Asymptomatic might mean different things. Mr Pepe had his repeat
      echo last week. There is no mention of CHF in this report where
      before it was listed as "advanced". Since Dr Rush closed the book
      on him, I certainly would not think he would be asymptomatic. Do
      you know what cardiologist they scheduled you with?

      Good luck and let me know how it goes.