Boo's 6 month checkup

  • zanth_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      Hi all,

      Didn't post last night, was absolutely beat after very long
      emotional day.

      Boo Kitty's 6 month cardiology appointment went very well. The meds
      are certainly doing the trick...her gallop rhythm has now been
      replaced by a very slight murmer. Her heart all around has had
      minor to significant improvement, one of the leakages (she had 2
      leaky valves) is gone, now just a very tiny leak in the mitral
      valve. Barring clots...which no-one can predict ..... he feels that
      my little girl is going to be with me for a long time. He's even
      pushed her next cardio checkup out to 10 mos to 1 year!

      She has lost about 1 lb in last 3 months, but the vet isn't
      concerned, she did just recently lose her fursister and he is
      convinced that in time her appetite will go back to what it used to
      be. He does feel that we should look into adopting an older cat
      sometime around the end of April, beginning of May (We're going to
      be out of town for 1 week in April - thinks would be to soon to
      leave them). He thinks that will also help the food thing.....now
      she knows if she walks away from it .... it will be there. If she
      has someone else who will walk up and eat it .... well you see where
      that is going.

      Sandy, Boo Kitty and Angel Stinky (who came home for good yesterday)