Kitties not eating.....

  • Cathy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      OK--I've seen a lot of posts for furry children not eating. I work
      at my local Humane Society in addition to being the mom of my HCM
      kitty Bagheera and his three furry siblings. At the shelter,
      sometimes we resort to a product called "Nutri-Cal." It's a high
      calorie meat flavored paste stuff that comes in a tube like
      toothpaste. You just squirt some on your finger and stick it in
      their mouth. We've used it on cats and dogs at the shelter. In
      fact, my manager was fostering a kitten that "ate" Nutri-Cal pretty
      much exclusively for about 2 months. We celebrated when she went
      back to real food. I'm not sure if this product is available
      commercially or not, but if all else fails, you can always ask your
      vet.

      Cathy and the furry children
      Bagheera
      ShadowDancer