Re: Deagan's Itchies

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2004
      When Morag was on transdermal everything, she spent an inordinate
      amount of time licking her two front paws to the point that she made
      herself bleed by completely removing the fur over one of her claw
      sheaths - the one at the side of the paw.

      When she was switched to treats, this behaviour stopped. Perhaps
      Deagan is having a reaction to one of the medications or supplements
      that he's taking.

      Sarah.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "jen" <lundgren_jennifer@h...>
      wrote:
      > Deagan has been having these itching fits lately. He twitches the
      > skin above his tail and licks frantically at it and beside it.
      When
      > I try to scratch it for him, he usually bites me (not his normal,
      > gentle love bites!). I've triple checked him for fleas, his skin
      > looks good, no redness or allergy signs. I've seen this before in
      > allergy cats (which could be his problem) but does anyone else
      ever
      > see this behavior? I'm wondering if it could be related to micro
      > clots or reduced circulation???
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > jen, deagan and kira the dog
    • zanth_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2004
        Jen,

        Boo Kitty has a food allergy, we think it is to chicken. The vet
        changed her food to IVD limited diet, I saw a remarkable difference
        in her itchies in about 2 - 3 weeks....cats will develop allergies
        over several years....it's certainly something that you can look
        into.

        Sandy, Boo Kitty and Angel Stinky