Dandelion Dose as a Diuretic

  • Deena
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      Some have asked me for doses of dandelion when used as a diuretic.
      Most places list a liver-tonic dose rather than specifically as a
      diuretic. I found this on the Vitamin Shoppe site, if anyone is
      interested.
      "An animal study found that at high amounts (2 grams per 2.2 pounds
      [1 kg] of body weight), the leaves possess diuretic effects
      comparable to the prescription diuretic furosemide (Lasix®)."

      Please remember that all cats are individuals & respond
      differently. Mr Pepe has responded great to dandelion, both as a
      diuretic and as an appetite stimulant. But we have done this under
      vet supervision and he still needs to take a small amount of lasix
      to keep his chest clear.

      Deena in Newburyport, MA GO PATS!!!
      Mr. Pepe: Male, NFC, dx'd 11/03 at 3 yrs, severe HCM, restrictive,
      severely enlarged LA, advanced CHF, grade 2/6 murmur. Muscle tested
      to determine meds, supplements, dosage & schedule: Enalapril,
      Lasix, Aspirin, Dandelion Glycerite, CoQ10, Gland & Organ Wafers,
      Fish Oil Caps, Phosphorus, coral calcium, Newton Pet Fatigue, Rescue
      Remedy, Beech/Olive/Rockwood tincture.