Re: [FH] Dear All - love Sweetcorn

  • Chris Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
      On Monday, January 26, 2004, at 02:35 PM, Debbie Raikes-May wrote:

      > I am putting my fast healing paw to keyboard to say thank you for all
      > your prayers and support for me and my mummy and daddy.
      > They have me home now and I have a lot of ground to make up.
      > First off, they think it is okay to keep me in a cage.
      > I am pretty sure this contravenes my feline rights. Peg French has a
      > cat visitor who is also an Attorney and I shall be instructing him,
      > via Jeter (Peg's Princess cat) to act for me.
      > I had hoped to come home to a swansdown bed and all my meals on demand.
      > Not so!

      Now, now, Miss Sweetcorn. i do think you have done the right thing to
      have hired an attorney. But please don't be impatient, my little
      redhead, as I have already put in several calls to Amnesty
      International and the United Nations Committee on Catfugees. I've been
      informed that at the very moment Kofi Annan is finished up in the
      Middle East, he will be ON YOUR CASE. (I know, I know--he's making you
      wait; but he is only human, after all. what can one expect?)

      You are correct: keeping one in a cage is a violation of the Geneva
      Catventions. Especially when there is no swansdown mattress, and meals
      are sparse and apportioned. And such a brief time for exercise, as
      though you had enough energy to exercise on such a meager diet... Those
      conditions are simply intolerable. Fortunately, the intrepid Mr. Morse
      has managed to slip into your prison cell to assist you with your
      toilette. Good Goddess Bast! He deserves a solid tuna medal for such
      bravery! How he eluded capture himself must be a story for the ages.

      I greatly admire your resourcefulness in making scabs into missiles and
      weapons of mouse destruction. I never would have imagined it possible.
      What creativity you demonstrate, my little kibble! With such a lack of
      material at your disposal, you have still managed to fight back. I
      shudder to think what havoc you will wreak once your claws are grown
      out. Don't whisper a word about them to your captors, or to ANYONE.
      What they don't know can surely be used against them in a surprise
      attack. Be especially wary of Kippurr--we have it on good authority
      that she is a collaborator!

      As difficult as it is, my little tunafish, please try to be patient.
      Conserve your energy; meditate on justice. Stockpile those precious
      scabs, for we will need them soon. The RSPCA is VERY interested in
      your case, and if we can bribe enough of your guards to gain entry into
      your private Tower, we will rescue you posthaste. I will send this
      message via dear Twiglet; she's working with us. Vive La Résistance!

      Devotedly yours,

      Snowball
      "Humans aren't the only species on earth; they just act like it."

      Chris
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will
      know peace."--Jimi Hendrix

      Chris
      "Here it is, two o'clock. What day is it?"--Jack Kerouac

      Chris
      "Cat said, 'I am not a friend, and I am not a servant. I am the Cat
      who walks by himself, and I wish to come into your cave.'"--Rudyard
      Kipling

      Chris
      "Dogs live with you; cats board with you."--Pam Brown

      Chris
      "Every life should have nine cats."

      Chris
      "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but
      deteriorate the cat." --Mark Twain

      Chris
      "The more I know men, the more I appreciate my cats."
    • Chris Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
> [...]

        Devotedly yours,

        Snowball
        "Humans aren't the only species on earth; they just act like it."

        Chris
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will
        know peace."--Jimi Hendrix

        Chris
        "Here it is, two o'clock. What day is it?"--Jack Kerouac

        Chris
        "Cat said, 'I am not a friend, and I am not a servant. I am the Cat
        who walks by himself, and I wish to come into your cave.'"--Rudyard
        Kipling

        Chris
        "Dogs live with you; cats board with you."--Pam Brown

        Chris
        "Every life should have nine cats."

        Chris
        "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but

        "How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door
        you're on."
      • Chris Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
          I had some problems with my server earlier today, and as I haven't seen
          this message on the board, i am sending it again. I hope it doesn't
          come through more than once! If so, please forgive me...

        • Christine Hughes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 2004
            Oh that is wonderful - there is such a lot of talent between you - I want to
            see a book appear soon! Love to all, Chris
> [...]

            Chris
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will
            know peace."--Jimi Hendrix

            Chris
            "Here it is, two o'clock. What day is it?"--Jack Kerouac

            Chris
            "Cat said, 'I am not a friend, and I am not a servant. I am the Cat
            who walks by himself, and I wish to come into your cave.'"--Rudyard
            Kipling

            Chris
            "Dogs live with you; cats board with you."--Pam Brown

            Chris
            "Every life should have nine cats."

            Chris
            "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but
            deteriorate the cat." --Mark Twain

            Chris
            "How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door
          • Michelle Waters
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 28, 2004
              Weapons of mouse destruction?! Bwaaa haaaa haaa! You guys are brilliant!

              Michelle