licking bathtub question....

  • Sheila Coyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      hello...my kitty, creamy guy, has anemia due to crf, has had injection # 3 of pro crit yesterday....and i have noticed that the last 4-5 days when he goes into my bathroom, he will jump into the bathtub and begin at random licking the bottom of it. there are no soaps in it, no residue, i rinse it daily at least once a day, no cleaners are used...but he has started this behavior this week. i am guessing it is the "pica" that i read of associated with anemia, like some kitties eat litter, or lick concrete...am i correct in my guess with this, or could it be some thing i am unaware of and how can it be addressed?

      thank you.

      sheila
      nebraska
      scoyle@...

      and creamy guy (crf, fiv +, hcm)
      and pieces the lap cat (crf, pancreatitis, ibd)