Sweetcorn at 1pm

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      Hi everyone
      Sweetcorn is doing very well and fighting back. I am sure it is all your wishes and prayers holding her together - I know that is true of me!

      She now has only one front paw bandaged as one leg is healing very well and a new pink pad is showing through (like a new tyre!) - her back paws are still a bit weepy so they remain bandaged and they are trying a new gel bandage on her tummy which draws moisture out from the skin and simply drops off when it is saturated and ready for the next one. This means she is out of the hated nappy which she did not like at all.
      She did not make it to the litter tray as she could not stand, and was clearly very upset about this - is a clean kitten and felt she had been 'bad', poor little thing.

      She is and was - very hungry and is able to get her water easily now (I had a word!!!)
      Her favourite thing is the nurses washing her with damp cotton wool - she loves her face done and goes all purry and stupid and floppy with pleasure!
      She is on antibiotics and Fentanyl and her pain seems much less today - I am so glad this group told me to ask for Fentanyl in pref to Demerol.

      She has lost a milk tooth and is very proud of herself - I told her the tooth fairy would leave her some food later today! She will be there all of next week and quite probably the week after as we all think it is important that she is restricted as to how much she can move and has very clean conditions around her till there is skin over EVERY burn! Her claws are already beginning to grow back in! This is amazing!
      I am sure she knows you are thinking about her - she has SUCH loud purr.

      I shall see her again tomorrow morning so for now - much love and thanks to you all
      Debbie ps we couldn't scan Twiglet! She has hidden herself in the loft and is quite safe but won't come down! I can hear her purring but the hunt is meeting in our field today and I don't want her outside at all so I have decided to leave her inside in the loft (no external access) I HATE the hunt but sadly, most British people do seem to support this barbaric practice I am ashamed to say-