Sweetcorn-

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004
      Dear Everyone
      Forgive this being a general email but I am v tired and I must do some work today. We just got back from Chaseview (vets) and Sweetcorn had a 'comfortable night'.

      She is still on her heated sheepskin and with her teddy - her paws were re drained this morning and she has bandages in bright blue which are padded at the base so she is on tip toe and about 4 inches taller than usual! They were amazed that she has learned to balance on them and managed to get to the litter tray on her own! She looks so funny and gangly but is delighted with herself that she can do it and fiercely resists any helping hand!
      She is still pretty high on pethidine but later today when it arrives , the pain relief will be switched to fentanyl patches - which I first found out about from you group of people - so thanks indeed there as they then ordered her some.
      Her temp is almost back to normal and the huge dose of antibiotics has seen off the toxic shock which had her in fever and hypothermia at the same time. She is eating well - loves her food and in the next cage to her is a blind poodle boy - a standard black one rather like Schatzi I think Heidi - and she is fascinated by him and he her!
      She meowed to see Ben and tried to crawl into his jacket. We both cried of course! She then posed to have her pic taken and I will post it up later.
      Cat World have asked me to keep a log of her treatment and healing so I can write it up for an article for them - I am so glad to do this as it gives me focus and perhaps will help others.

      I am going back to see her at 3pm today and will update you then. Bless you for all your thoughts and messages at what is a very difficult time for us.Please keep doing what you are doing, it clearly works! Thanks you so, so much. Esp thanks to Heidi who rallied so many people together to say prayers and healings for her and Peg who is sending special cream from the States...also Wendy for her phone call, Anne for her many helpful posts to me and Steph for sweet memories of Gus and useful clinical information.
      Debbie