Re: [FH] Digest Number 1394

  • Tia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2004
      Diane said: >>
      I seem
      to remember about $50 per month and it did *not* cover anything but
      major illnesses and even then I had heard horror stories from some
      people.

      If an annual costs $70/year and you put the other $50 away, that
      should serve you for a bit.>>

      I totally agree with you Diane. I did do a little searching yesterday and
      found a couple of plans for $20 a month (pretty much catastrophic coverage),
      but like you point out...do we pick and choose which pets are more valuable?

      We've got 3 dogs and 4 cats. All are rescues and without us would have
      died. There is no way that I can afford $140 a month for catastrophic
      insurance PLUS the cost of routine vet care.

      I set aside $75 a month now for vet bills. In addition I save up for Oz's
      yearly echo. It's really not enough though. One emergency like just
      happened with Sweetcorn could wipe that savings out in a flash. It's a
      quandry and every so often I like to check into insurance again <g>.

      Tia (and Oz)