Re: [FH] Re: NUTRO Nat Choice/**BIG FIND!

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi Robin,

      In a message dated 12/31/03 4:36:05 PM,
      turkishangoraathumanesociety@... writes:

      << To anyone who may not already know... I just found out

      (from the label, believe it or not) that the Nutro Natural Choice

      SENIOR in the POUCHES is only .08% for sodium!!!!!!!!! >>

      If you got the information from the product label, it is part of what's
      called the "guaranteed analysis." This is a set of maximum and minimum values the
      mfr must provide to meet labeling requirements...and does *not* necessarily
      accurately express what is in the package itself. To get the chemical analysis of
      the ingredients in the package, you would need what's called the "as-fed"
      analysis...which the mfr can provide.

      The charts at Kat Karma are expressed in what's called "dry matter" analysis,
      which is, basically, the as-fed analysis minus the moisture. Most mfrs will
      provide a dry matter analysis as well. If they can't, you can convert according
      to the formula on this site (which also contains a good deal of reliable
      information on feline nutrition): www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm.

      This means that the 0.08% sodium on the label *cannot* be compared with the
      figures for the foods on the Kat Karma charts. //Rosemary
    • turkishangoraathumanesociety
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        Oh Shoot! That figures...Lillie has eaten 4 or 5 packets of it since
        yesterday. I will try to call Nutro...They never answer any emails I
        have ever sent them...