Sweectorn - she is holding on-

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      It was a long night : we didn't really sleep. Morse came back eventually out of the barn and was very upset he couldn't find her. So he was restless all night...Kippurr and Twiglet were also on edge.
      The vet phoned at 9am and said she had made it through the night and was trying to sit up. We went in at 11am to see her as it is New Year's day so they are not on usual opening hours- she had a front paw in a huge blue bandage which held a drip in place...her other paws are bloody and leaking fluid and the size of dog paws as they are so swollen.
      She cried and purred when she saw us and that made us cry.
      She is in no pain because she on opiates and antibiotics at present so she doesn't understand what is going on.

      We gave her some tiny pieces of ham (her fave) and she scarfed them down - good sign as her mouth tongue and internal organs did not get burned.
      She has burns on her tummy and inside legs and the next 24 hours will show whether her circulation is damaged or not.
      Pray not.
      Her eyes were blazing with anger at her treatment - just like Treacle's used to. She was in the same pen that Treacle used to get - this nearly broke me up too -

      We are going back to see her at 3pm. The vet said last night he didn't think she would make it through the night but this morning she is clearly showing a fighting spirit.

      Morse is terribly upset and needy right now, really being naughty - if she DOES come home eventually it will be a while before she is able to play again - does anyone have any info on burns and scalds? ARe there any sites?

      Thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts and help - I can't tell you how grateful I am. Last night another ginger cat was dumped at the sanctuary - just chucked over the fence so I now have another one to rehome - please spare a prayer for him too and I hope whoever did it has the foulest 2004 possible.Though I guess that is not very Christian of me so perhaps not.

      Sorry I have not written a lot of individual letters, we are just so tired. Does anyone have any tips for what might be good for her paws when the antibiotics and painkillers are gradually reduced?
      Much love to you all
      Debbie