Midgie's Gone

  • marlene_midgie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hello, Everyone --

      Our sweet little Midgie finally crashed yesterday, and after a
      difficult night we decided to have her put down this morning. She
      was diagnosed with HCM only 5 weeks ago; although we can look back
      now and see the symptoms she was experiencing long before.

      Yesterday was her first day on atenelol, and we had high hopes
      (she had been on enalapril, diltiazem and lasix), but her little body
      was too worn out and tired to adjust, and to keep fighting. She was
      in severe respiratory distress during this last day, even with 20mg
      of lasix in only 12 hours (she was only 7 pounds).

      My prayers and best wishes to everyone and their sweet kitties
      fighting this disease. Our Midgie is at peace and, for my husband
      and I, the waiting and watching is over and the healing can begin.

      Marlene
    • Sara
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        I am so sorry to hear this. You did your best for her and gave her peace now. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your husband.

        marlene_midgie <jicky@...> wrote:
        Hello, Everyone --

        Our sweet little Midgie finally crashed yesterday, and after a
        difficult night we decided to have her put down this morning. She
        was diagnosed with HCM only 5 weeks ago; although we can look back
        now and see the symptoms she was experiencing long before.

        Yesterday was her first day on atenelol, and we had high hopes
        (she had been on enalapril, diltiazem and lasix), but her little body
        was too worn out and tired to adjust, and to keep fighting. She was
        in severe respiratory distress during this last day, even with 20mg
        of lasix in only 12 hours (she was only 7 pounds).

        My prayers and best wishes to everyone and their sweet kitties
        fighting this disease. Our Midgie is at peace and, for my husband
        and I, the waiting and watching is over and the healing can begin.

        Marlene

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT