administering a pill

  • Sheila
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      HI Laurie,
      Reading post like these remind me how lucky I am that I have a cat
      that just sits there and lets me give him his pills orally. It may
      have helped that he has had to take pills every day for over 5
      years. I think the younger they are, the easier it is.
      I had an older cat that had to take pills and I found the best way
      is either to have another person around to help you restrain the cat
      or as another said, to liquify it. Another way I found was to hide
      it in a sardine or another food they love, but sometimes they can
      smell it. The other person is the best way, it's almost impossible
      with one person with a difficult cat. Good luck. Sixcatslady.