Kippurr good news.

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2003
      Dear Everyone
      Thank you so much for your kind thoughts today for Kippurr. It was a very long day. She saw the Cardiologist and also an Ophthalmologist...we had fun trying to work out if the eye chart they test with would have different birds and mice on it instead of Alphabet characters! 'Ooh, a mouse! No -I'm wrong! Is it an Earwig???'

      Anyhow - we are home now and she is STARVING.
      The news was very good indeed. On only 1/8th of Atenelol her numbers have decreased and the thickness of the heart walls have greatly reduced (I don't have the exact figures in front of me). He heart rate was 120 and breathing normal.
      With her eyes, the cataracts have got slightly worse but she can still see - they built her an obstacle course to negotiate in the light and in the dark and she did that just fine.

      I have to THANK this group because without all the knowledge I gleaned from you guys when Treacle was ill I would never have thought to have Kippurr tested .
      I would never have known to give her Taurine supplements - which the vet said is greatly helping stave off the cataract deterioration - and would never have known about raw chicken helping the amino acids in the body to strengthen the heart.
      I just can't -we can't thank you all enough.
      So she will be seen again in three months time an then six months if the news is still good then.
      He was very pleased with her progress and said had she not been tested then we would by now have a cat with a Grade 4 or 5 heart murmur.
      I am so thankful you all helped me decide to face up to it.
      Much love
      Debbie and Kippurr