Re: Bogie's strange growling incidents

  • jenanddeagan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2003
      Nancy,

      I also think these sound a lot like seizures. The open mouth
      breathing and vomiting could be from the fight or flight response
      that kicks in during a seizure episode.

      At our clinic, we usually suggested a routine blood panel to rule
      out any electrolyte inbalance. Keeping track of the incidents is
      also a good idea, length, description and behaviours pre and post.
      It can help to track the trends of the incidents, and give an idea
      if they are increasing in frequency and need to be investigated
      furthur.

      jen