Anyone got any ideas? a bit OT

  • Liz Stenson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2003
      > I recently brought home the ashes of my dear Scottish Fold, Fiona.
      > From when i first took ker to the vet a couple of weeks ago( because
      > she has been listless and not eating for that previous two days,) to
      > the time she passed from throwing blood clots was a mere 12 hours. I
      > didn't even know about feline heart disease; it was all a great
      > distressing shock .. She was just 6.

      Since then I have learned a great deal about what happened to her from
      your informative posts; they have made me feel immensely better that
      her quick passing was the best thing for both of us. I could not have
      borne it to see her linger in pain and distress. My hat is off to all
      of you who are nursing your ill cats and doing so much for them. My
      admiration for you is great. Cat people are special.

      Now I am going to be a foster Mom...I am taking in 3 cats belonging to
      a friend's brother who cannot keep them for the next 5 months and
      cannot find a home for them. Sam is a 30 lb. (yikes!) British
      Shorthair and the other two are Maine Coon cat sisters. All are about
      3-5 years old. Since there are so many cat lovers here, I am wondering
      if anyone has any advice for me on how to help them adapt to this new
      situation. They have been indoor/outdoor cats. I live on a quiet
      street and have a back yard, so I would like to let them out, but I am
      afraid they will not find their way back to me. Any advice would be
      much appreciated.

      Liz

      Chapel Road Artstamps
      Offering beautiful unmounted and mounted images!
      Great buy on acrylic blocks.
      http//www.chapelroadartstamps.com

      Join our info list at
      chapelroadartstamps-subscribe@yahoogroups.com