Re: [FH] Cardiac cachexia was Weight loss unexplained

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      --- Janice <autumncat@...> wrote:

      > > It is called cardiac cachexia.

      It is called
      > Hills
      > > A/D and your vet can get it for you.
      > >

      > Thanks for posting this info - as my Kirby has HCM
      > and has lost so much
      > weight and muscle. He eats but not much in each
      > sitting. I think we will
      > get the food you mentioned and try it and see if he
      > gains weight.
      >
      > Janice

      Janice,

      Many cats seem to dislike A/D. It's consistency is
      soupy so it can be syringe/tube fed. In addition it is
      hospital food and some cats associate it with being in
      the hospital and may have an aversion to it. I would
      add small amounts to his regular food gradually
      increasing it.

      Product info:
      http://www.hillspet.com/products/product_details.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302037389&bmUID=1068060049576&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441760567

      Canine/Feline a/d�
      For the Nutritional Management of Pets Recovering From
      Serious Illness, Accidents and Surgery Both dogs and
      cats can undergo significant changes when faced with a
      serious illness, injury or surgery. They may have
      trouble maintaining natural defenses and sparing lean
      body mass(in other words, they may be losing body
      weight from muscle or organ tissue), which can affect
      recovery. Prescription Diet� Canine/Feline a/d� has
      been specifically formulated by veterinarians to be
      fed to dogs or cats with certain debilitating
      conditions. These conditions can be affected by the
      lack of key nutrients and digestible energy.

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree