Re: New Member

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 115 , Nov 4, 2003
      If you're having doubts about your vet's competence, then by all
      means seek a second opinion, though just having graduated from vet
      school isn't a bad thing by default - sometimes new graduates are
      sharper than vets who have been practicing for a while and haven't
      kept up. The vet I see now was a new graduate when I first started
      seeing him 10 years ago - I was one of his first patients (or
      rather, my cats were!). He's an excellent vet now and was back then
      too (though I'm sure he's improved over time in some ways).

      I suspect that a second vet would probaby hear the same thing the
      first vet did, but if you're concerned about the "wait for 6 months
      while doing nothing" advice, then asking a second vet's opinion
      might help to put your mind at ease.

      Sarah.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "sewcontent" <pjw1@r...> wrote:
      > Hi Sarah,
      >
      > He is a beautiful red tabby with the sweetest face and
      disposition.
      > I wonder if I should get a second opinion as the vet. who
      diagnosed
      > him is just out of vet. school.
      >
      > Patricia
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 115 of 115 , May 7, 2015
        Hi there

        I am sorry to hear of your little girl and fully agree she is stressed and that made her loss of bladder control. If you want to bring in another ask the vet's advice, it takes time and patience and the other stray must be tested for leukaemia and feline AIDS too as well as treated and vaccinated, flead and wormed. Heart valves leaking is a condition a few of mine have and it doesn't affect their playing or having fun. But mine were raised with many cats, yours is a single and frightened girl. If you want to take the stray, do it gently and with advice from a behavourist but it sometimes fails to work.