Re: New Member

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 117 , Nov 4, 2003
      If you're having doubts about your vet's competence, then by all
      means seek a second opinion, though just having graduated from vet
      school isn't a bad thing by default - sometimes new graduates are
      sharper than vets who have been practicing for a while and haven't
      kept up. The vet I see now was a new graduate when I first started
      seeing him 10 years ago - I was one of his first patients (or
      rather, my cats were!). He's an excellent vet now and was back then
      too (though I'm sure he's improved over time in some ways).

      I suspect that a second vet would probaby hear the same thing the
      first vet did, but if you're concerned about the "wait for 6 months
      while doing nothing" advice, then asking a second vet's opinion
      might help to put your mind at ease.

      Sarah.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "sewcontent" <pjw1@r...> wrote:
      > Hi Sarah,
      >
      > He is a beautiful red tabby with the sweetest face and
      disposition.
      > I wonder if I should get a second opinion as the vet. who
      diagnosed
      > him is just out of vet. school.
      >
      > Patricia
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 117 of 117 , Feb 27, 2016
        Hi there

        Was she diagnosed with an ultrasound? If not, I would schedule one with a cardiologist ASAP and see what's going on as the passing the clot is definitely not normal either. Heart failure can be caused by several things, and HCM can be secondary to anaemia for example. Did she get blood tests? Please can you tell us a bit more about which tests she had and what the resutls showed so hopefully you can get some advice.

        My kittens were in heart failure at 12 weeks, it is possible but there are many problems that can cause it, congenital, HCM, shock, anaemia.. I`m sorry I can't give more advice, please can you tell us more.

        Thanks