New Member

  • sewcontent
    Message 1 of 117 , Nov 4, 2003
      Hi Sarah,

      He is a beautiful red tabby with the sweetest face and disposition.
      I wonder if I should get a second opinion as the vet. who diagnosed
      him is just out of vet. school.

      Patricia
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 117 of 117 , Feb 27, 2016
        Hi there

        Was she diagnosed with an ultrasound? If not, I would schedule one with a cardiologist ASAP and see what's going on as the passing the clot is definitely not normal either. Heart failure can be caused by several things, and HCM can be secondary to anaemia for example. Did she get blood tests? Please can you tell us a bit more about which tests she had and what the resutls showed so hopefully you can get some advice.

        My kittens were in heart failure at 12 weeks, it is possible but there are many problems that can cause it, congenital, HCM, shock, anaemia.. I`m sorry I can't give more advice, please can you tell us more.

        Thanks