Re: New member

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 88 , Nov 4 7:56 AM
      I would do what the vet says. I've read that kittens often lose
      heart murmurs as they mature, so maybe the vet thinks it's possible
      that the arrythmia will resolve itself as he grows. If it hasn't
      resolved itself in 6 months, then an ultrasound would be appropriate
      at that point.

      So I would take him back in 6 months and take it from there.

      I bet he's adorable! :-)

      Sarah.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "sewcontent" <pjw1@r...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I took my new 12-week-old Persian kitten to the vet. last week and
      > she thinks Rocky has an arrythmia. She wants to check him again
      at 6
      > months and if she still hears it, she wants me to take him to the
      > local vet. college for an echocardiogram. I've never had a
      problem
      > like this before. I contacted the breeder and she was
      understandably
      > upset and is getting both parents checked out. I have no desire
      > return the kitten to the breeder even though it would be within my
      > contract to do so. We are already very attached to him. Any
      advice
      > or suggestions would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Patricia
    • Carol
      Message 88 of 88 , Feb 27, 2016
        If you just hit "reply" it will go back to the original person who posted.  If you want it to go to the whole group, hit "reply all".

        Carol