Re: [FH] Underlying Heart Condition?

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      --- Kat <the_mooper@...> wrote:
      >It seems the stress of the situation had
      > caused this.

      Stress can reveal an underlying heart condition that
      the cat is hiding.

      She's alive, and not
      > so bad now,
      > although a bit wobbly on her back legs and quite
      > fragile (I had
      > noticed her back legs were a bit weak *before* I
      > took her to the vet
      > though).

      Any favoring of rear legs can be indicative of a
      thromboembolism.

      > The vet said he had never seen anything that severe
      > and sudden happen
      > before. He said it could actually be an underlying
      > heart condition,
      > and was possibly triggered by the stress of the
      > situation.
      >

      > I love Misty with all my heart, and I want to do
      > anything possible to
      > ensure her health and well being.

      Do a search for a board certified ACVIM vet, either
      Internal Medicine or Cardiology in your state and pick
      the closest ACVIM vet. Then call them and ask about
      surviving the stress of transport for an ultrasound.
      Medication can affect the course of the disease. Good
      luck.

      Susan

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree