Hello, I'm New

  • izaandysisteryella
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hello, I'm Danielle, and one of our (my mother's and mine) Maine
      Coons, Andy, was diagonsed with Feline HCM about a year ago. About
      three days ago he came down with what appeared to be a cold, but I
      was more concerned because he was running a fever and seemed to be
      sleeping more than usual. Well, he went to the vet, and he ran blood
      tests,put him on fluids, and took chest x-rays. Well, anyways, he
      said that Andy might have a few months or a few years, he's not
      really sure, but the meds might help. He came home tonight and looked
      in rough shape, but after an hour or so he seemed to be feeling
      better.

      To tell a little bit about myself, I work as a vet assistant and have
      a love/hate relationship with my job. We have three cats in total,
      Anna and Andy (Maine Coons), and my own PJ a sphynx hybrid. We also
      have a yellow lab mix, and my two rabbits, Colby and Kylie, as well
      as two very large goldfish I bought from wal mart three years ago,
      who live in the lap of luxury in a large deluxe aquarium.

      In any case, I joined this group hoping I will come away learning
      something, and maybe make a few new friends.

      The Newbie,

      Danielle (izaandysisteryella)