Re: Putney is gone

  • jenanddeagan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2003
      Debra,

      I'm devestated to hear about Putney. I must have been typing
      my message just before yours was posted. Losing a pet is one of the
      most painful things in this world, we love them and cherish them
      knowing the whole time they will likely leave this world before we
      do. Take time to grieve and heal and remember Putney as the ornery,
      hat attacking, beautiful cat that he was. He obviously loved you
      very much, and was lucky to have had you as his mommy.

      so sad

      jen
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Debra Yarrington

    • Shirley G.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2003
        my deepest sympathies for a very smart and unusual cat...Shirley
      • peteycat9
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
          Deare Debra,
          Your tribute to Putney is just beautiful. I own an ornery cat
          named Peter and I think he's incredible. He hates everyone but his
          family, and like Putney, he too likes to "capture" a piece of
          clothing and drag it around the house. I can only imagine your grief
          right now. You were a great Mom to this cat and you gave him a
          wonderful life. I am truly sorry for your loss.
          Love,
          Petey
          <yarringt@a...> wrote:
> [...]
          >
          > Ironically, with the kittens, Putney had finally found a friend.
          > The little girl Sarabi liked Putney and would curl up with him.
          > At first he looked completely affronted by her affection, but
          > I think he was growing to like it, and I think it would have been
          > so good for him. He was the grandfather of my group. I was
          > looking forward to his finally being the patriarch and all the joys
          > it brought.
          >
          > You should never write these things. They never do your loved one
          > justice. I can't satisfactorily convey his ornery personality or
          > the way he like to lick the palm of my hand or the way he could
          > just sit there and look at people and intimidate them, but I knew
          > it was all bluff. To never feel his soft fur under my hand, or to
          > see those huge gold eyes again hurts so badly.
          >
          > I'll miss him. I'll miss him so much. I love him.
        • Grace Jr
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
            I'm sorry to hear about Putney. I've only just joined this group,
            but your post made me feel like I knew him. It's so painful to lose
            them, and memories seem to hurt so badly. He's looking down on your
            and the rest of your fur-family, knowing he was loved, and knowing
            that in time, those tears of sorrow will turn into sweet memories of
            the times the two of you have shared.