Putney - good news!

  • Debra Yarrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      I'm happy to report I finally have some pretty good news!
      Vet called. His BUN has dropped to 75 and his blood pressure
      has remained stable. And his blood glucose is hanging out in
      the mid 200's. So they're going to wean him off fluids (because
      his lungs are starting to sound a bit cloudy) and then send him
      home with me!!!

      Putney is all black, so this has always been his special holiday.
      I'll be so happy to have him home with me.

      As a side note, on discovery health channel they had a special
      on a huge study on prayers. It was double-blinded and (again)
      for cardiac patients. They found that prayer had no significant
      effect on long-term health of individuals, but it did seem to make
      a difference in reduction of stress and feelings of overall well-being.
      The results were not significant, but they approached significance.
      They also found that the more groups that prayed for people,
      the more of a reduction in stress those individuals reported.

      The point of all that is that I REALLY appreciate the prayers. I
      really want my cats to be with me, but as you all know, being
      with someone you love when they're feeling awful is just so hard.

      I feel so relieved right now.
      -Debra and Putney missing Tigger
      and my gang