new member - hello

  • jenanddeagan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30 11:05 PM
      Hello,

      I have been lurking for a few days on this site, my 2 yo kitty Deagan
      was diagnosed with a Grade III heart murmur last week and his echo is
      on Nov 20th, keeping my fingers crossed...

      I replied to a couple of the posts, but I think I sent them directly
      to the "poster", perhaps if they found the information helpful they
      could post it (This is my first time in a group!) What a wonderful
      group of people who have gathered here, such compassion and empathy.

      I may be able to help with some of the medical questions. I
      have been a paramedic in Toronto for 6 years and I worked as an
      animal health technician for 10 yrs before that. In paramedicine, we
      get extensive training in heart failure and CHF, so I might be able
      to answer some questions.

      My thoughts are with all the kittens out there, hopefully Deagan will
      not have to become a regular, but it is nice to know such wonderful
      people are here if the news is not good. I will post his results
      when I get them...

      jen, deagan and kira the dog