Putney update

  • Debra Yarrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2003
      He's still in the hospital. They tapped more fluid off his chest. And he's
      running a fever. They want to find out what's causing the fever. They're
      going to run bloodwork, and they're also trying to find out exactly how
      much fluid they can give him before his heart can't handle it (he needs
      fluids
      for the kidneys). Apparently they can measure this by looking at venous
      pressure?? Did anyone else know this?

      I asked the vet, "Can we make him happy again?" She said "yes, depending
      on what we find, we can probably keep him happy for a while, although I'll
      be honest, he's probably not going to live 5 more years or anything like
      that.
      Honestly, we may be talking only a few more months." Then I asked, "If this
      was your cat, what would you do?" She said, "I'd run the tests."

      So that's where we stand. I cried. She also said, "You know, it's really a
      tough thing to balance the heart and the kidneys because they both want
      different things." Like I don't know that really well.

      -Debra and Putney missing Tigger
      and my gang