Re: [FH] Cardiologist Visit tomorrow after 2 chest taps in one week (was Re: Thoracentesis for Pleural Effusion)

  • Margaret Coons
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 1:44 PM
      Thank you to those who have shared their experience about thoracentisis for pleural effusion. Since several of you mentioned medicine changes may make a difference and that a cardiologist might be helpful at this point, I called around to find a cardiologist and one nearby had a cancellation for tomorrow, when usually it takes a month to get an initial appointment. So, it looks like this is Mousey Tongue's lucky day!

      Mousey Tongue had another chest tap yesterday (his second in a week). The vet got 100 ccs from the right side of his chest. The last time, a week ago, he got 100 ccs total from both sides of his chest. Mousey Tongue has been sleeping peacefully since then. He seems much better to me after the chest taps than he has for months, but I hope I am not getting false hope, and twice in a week sounds like a lot. Mousey Tongue's condition has been such that I am afraid he could go any time, but suddenly, he's purring more and doing cat-like things again after the chest taps. For those whose cats have gone through chest taps, is this normal?

      If anyone has any suggestions for what to ask the cardiologist or anything I should know before we go, please email me as soon as possible. Thank you for all of your help and support.