Pugsley Died Yesterday

  • pugsleykall
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      I am absolutely devastated to inform you that my Pugsley died
      yesterday.
      Only 5 years old. I got him to our vet, who informed me that he
      suffered a
      "shower embolism", where his body sent out a multitude of blood
      clots, which
      paralyzed him basically everywhere. He only lived for a few hours
      afterward.

      Pugsley's condition was baffling even before his diagnosis, and he
      seemed to
      be atypical from other cats in his response to treatment. The
      thought that his
      medication might have hastened his death is too difficult for my
      broken heart
      to even think about.

      Thanks to all of you who tried to help us, with your advice and
      information.
      It's great to know that this forum exists, should we need it again.
      Best wishes
      to all of you and your furry children. He was truly my little son.

      -Lisa
    • peteycat9
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "pugsleykall" <lgowk@h...> wrote:
        Dear Lisa,
        I am so sorry about your dear, sweet Pugsley. It's absolutely
        devastating when they die so young. My cat Checkers was only 18
        months old when he died and it was a shower of clots that took his
        life as well. Checkers was never diagnosed until after death and his
        symptoms, even in the end, did not readily point to HCM. He suddenly
        couldn't breathe one night and then went on to show terrible,
        neurological symptoms (sudden blindness and seizures). He never
        demonstated even a heart murmur, even when he needed oxygen to
        breathe. It was my understanding that young cats can mask the early
        symptoms extremely well and that when they are struck down, it's
        usually from a very aggressive form of HCM. You did everything you
        could for Pugsley. I know how hard it is to lose a young one this
        way. You will truly be in my thoughts during this difficult time.
        Take care.
        Love,
        Petey