Re: [FH] purchasing Atelolol and Enalapril

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      These meds are people meds and the best prices are at:

      Target sells atenolol for $6, Walgreens is $10

      I don't use enalapril so I'm not sure about that one.

      Susan

      --- l_a_fisher <icypaws@...> wrote:
      > Where do you purchase your drugs? My vet put in
      > automatic orders at
      > VetCentric and they are, pardon me, crooks. $23 and
      > $25 for 30 pills.
      > Medi-vet has for $9 100 tablets of enalapril. I'm
      > gettin reamed!
      > I'm calling right now to stop my orders!!
      > --Lori

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Dana Rulf
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        My vet calls them in to my family pharmacy (Walgreens). I think the
        last time I got the Atenelol it was $8 for 30 Atenelol (it's not a
        cheap drug), but they provide the Lasix for me; and one of our other
        meds needs to be compounded (which also is not cheap, but it's the
        only way we can get it in Merlyn).

        I would say you were getting ripped off from VetCentric; just be sure
        to check Medi-Vet's records to be sure they're not like some phone-in
        vet supply companies that have been proven to "water down" their
        drugs. Calling the Better Business Bureau should give you such info.

        --Dana

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "l_a_fisher" <icypaws@a...> wrote:
        > Where do you purchase your drugs? My vet put in automatic orders at
        > VetCentric and they are, pardon me, crooks. $23 and $25 for 30 pills.
        > Medi-vet has for $9 100 tablets of enalapril. I'm gettin reamed!
        > I'm calling right now to stop my orders!!
        > --Lori
      • zanth_99
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
          Lori,

          I was very fortunate, the cardiologist gave me a choice of how to do
          it, I could either use the pharmacy that they do (I forget the
          name), or he would write scripts and I could get them filled
          anywhere. I opted for the scripts, went to WalMart and got 30
          Atenolol for under $10

          Sandy

          PS - See if they will give you scripts, then call around.
          Pharmacy's vary in prices drastically.