purchasing Atelolol and Enalapril

  • l_a_fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Where do you purchase your drugs? My vet put in automatic orders at
      VetCentric and they are, pardon me, crooks. $23 and $25 for 30 pills.
      Medi-vet has for $9 100 tablets of enalapril. I'm gettin reamed!
      I'm calling right now to stop my orders!!
      --Lori
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        These meds are people meds and the best prices are at:

        Target sells atenolol for $6, Walgreens is $10

        I don't use enalapril so I'm not sure about that one.

        Susan

        --- l_a_fisher <icypaws@...> wrote:
        > Where do you purchase your drugs? My vet put in
        > automatic orders at
        > VetCentric and they are, pardon me, crooks. $23 and
        > $25 for 30 pills.
        > Medi-vet has for $9 100 tablets of enalapril. I'm
        > gettin reamed!
        > I'm calling right now to stop my orders!!
        > --Lori

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Dana Rulf
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          My vet calls them in to my family pharmacy (Walgreens). I think the
          last time I got the Atenelol it was $8 for 30 Atenelol (it's not a
          cheap drug), but they provide the Lasix for me; and one of our other
          meds needs to be compounded (which also is not cheap, but it's the
          only way we can get it in Merlyn).

          I would say you were getting ripped off from VetCentric; just be sure
          to check Medi-Vet's records to be sure they're not like some phone-in
          vet supply companies that have been proven to "water down" their
          drugs. Calling the Better Business Bureau should give you such info.

          --Dana

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "l_a_fisher" <icypaws@a...> wrote:
          > Where do you purchase your drugs? My vet put in automatic orders at
          > VetCentric and they are, pardon me, crooks. $23 and $25 for 30 pills.
          > Medi-vet has for $9 100 tablets of enalapril. I'm gettin reamed!
          > I'm calling right now to stop my orders!!
          > --Lori
        • zanth_99
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
            Lori,

            I was very fortunate, the cardiologist gave me a choice of how to do
            it, I could either use the pharmacy that they do (I forget the
            name), or he would write scripts and I could get them filled
            anywhere. I opted for the scripts, went to WalMart and got 30
            Atenolol for under $10

            Sandy

            PS - See if they will give you scripts, then call around.
            Pharmacy's vary in prices drastically.