Signs of Renal Failure?

  • Nannygoatsf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      My cat Bogie has been on an agressive medication program for the
      past four months (2 lasix, 1/2 enalapril and 1 dulacor daily) and
      some alarming things have happened this past week that have me
      concerned - his appetite is severely diminished and he's lost weight
      and he didn't have a bowel movement for about 2-3 days. A couple
      days ago, he threw up something green - not sure if this is from the
      garden or other - ? My question is: does this sound like renal
      failure? If so, does anyone know how long a cat can live once the
      early stages occur? I feel very fortunate that Bogie's had a good
      life in the 5+ years since he was originally diagnosed with HCM but
      now fear the end may be near and I can't bear the thought of seeing
      him get weaker.