Re: [FH] Possible adverse reaction to meds??? LONG

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      --- <taelcat@...> wrote:

      > I *thought* he said (but I believe I may have
      > misunderstood) that
      > Atenolol can cause asthma in cats. I think what he
      > said was that it
      > can have an affect on cats prone to Asthma. He
      > recommended reducing
      > the Atenolol to 1/4 tablet and getting a chest
      > x-ray.

      Do a search on this group's message archive for
      Plumb's atenolol and my screen name somnamblst. I
      posted the atenolol info from Plumb's Book of
      Veterinary Drugs a few months ago.

      I was just at ACVIM vet yesterday for 1 year check up
      ultrasound and he did say they see allergic asthma in
      the fall. BUT to treat for asthma is contraindicated
      in heart kitties. So if the asthma is not severe
      enough to be life threatening...

      Anyone else with asthma and HCM know anymore?

      Susan

      =====

      http://shopping.yahoo.com